Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bright Light Blanket Prank

Everyone's seen those ads for the Bright Light Pillow on TV:



Apparently the pillow comes with a blanket:



 The pillow just seemed stupid to me, as I'm not even remotely afraid of the dark, but upon seeing the blanket, my evil brain got an idea. You see, I was thinking about aliens that day (don't ask, I'm a weird person), and when I was on the topic of UFOs, I remembered how in all of the alien movies, the UFOs emit strange glows, kind of like a radioactive Frisbee.


I figured that if I could stick the blanket in my parents' room somewhere, and turn it on in the middle of the night, it would kinda look like a UFO. Picture this:


Great idea, right? However, this prank didn't go exactly as planned. I meant to have the blanket by the time my dad got back from a business trip (he's the guy with round glasses and gray hair), but I found out that you have to buy the pillow first, ($28 total), and then you can order the blanket for $48! It's not really free! Those ads cheated me! That's a total of  $76! Let me tell you now, I have never had that kind of money in my life. EVER. My evil brain just isn't good at saving. If I get something, I use it immediately. So I found a friend at camp who had a Bright Light Blanket, and she lent it to me. Then I carried out my plan.

I put the blanket on the bed as planned, and covered it with the quilt so nobody could see it. But my parents reacted differently than I imagined.

What I Expected:



What I Got:


 My Dad was apparently half asleep when I turned on the blanket, because he woke up and freaked out. Upon figuring out what was going on, I got grounded. Now I feel like I'm in prison.
Dad has no sense of humor.

9 comments:

  1. I loved this! Thanks for the humor. My six year old granddaughter HAD to have the blanket! HAD TO HAVE IT!. Since I have 2 granddaughters I ordered 2 pillows thinking the website would take me to another area to order the blanket...no such luck. I had to wait 24 hours and call customer service back to order the blankets...only to find out they don't make the blankets anymore! So I cancelled the order for the pillows and have 2 very disappointed girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!!! I thought this was funny. To bad i'm not going to order neither from that company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE the pillows, so soft and lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this prank and it was sooooo funny, but it didn't work at first because the blankets didn't light up and then I bought another one and it worked. I was soo mad that I had to buy two that I called the number on the commercial and they gave me a refund and another blanket for free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're very talented! Your page popped up because I have been looking for the Light Bright Blanket and Google's search engine surfaced your blog. You're genuinely funny and a good writer. I wish you much success because you have a promising future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute great idea would have went over good at my house we are a very humorous family lol tell your dad I said lighten up ....get it lol

    ReplyDelete